Mr. Huiping Huang received the B.Eng. and M.Eng. degrees from Shenzhen University (China), in 2015 and 2018, respectively, both in Electrical and Electronic Engineering. From July 2018 to November 2018, he worked as a research assistant at Southern University of Science and Technology (China). In December 2018, he joined the Signal Processing Group at Darmstadt University of Technology (TU Darmstadt, Germany), and commenced working on his doctoral degree.
His research interests lie in statistical and array signal processing, including direction-of-arrival (DOA) estimation, source localization, robust adaptive beamforming, sparse array design, compressed sensing, and optimization theory, with applications to radar, sonar, navigation, wireless communications, microphone array processing and so on.
He serves as a regular reviewer for several peer-reviewed journals, including but not limited to IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, IEEE Signal Processing Letters, Signal Processing (Elsevier), Digital Signal Processing (Elsevier), IET Signal Processing, IET Communications, and Multidimensional Systems and Signal Processing (Springer).
- 2018.12 - Present Ph.D. (Supervisor: Prof. Abdelhak M. Zoubir and Co-Supervisor: Prof. Hing Cheung So), Darmstadt University of Technology (Germany)
- 2015.09 - 2018.06 M.Eng. (Supervisor: Assoc. Prof. Bin Liao and Co-Supervisor: Prof. Jianjun Huang), Shenzhen University (China)
- 2011.09 - 2015.06 B.Eng., Shenzhen University (China)
- 2018.07 - 2018.11 Research Assistant & Visiting Student (Supervisor: Prof. Yi Gong), Southern University of Science and Technology (China)
- Array/Radar Signal Processing
- Statistical Signal Processing
- (Non-)Convex Optimization with Applications to Signal Processing
Research Awards and Honors
- 2018.12 - 2021.12 German Academic Exchange Service (Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst, DAAD) Scholarship
- 2018.07 IEEE Sensor Array and Multichannel Signal Processing Workshop 2018 (Sheffield, UK) Student Travel Grant
- 2018.06 Outstanding Graduate of Shenzhen University
Professional Memberships and Activities
- IEEE Student Member, IEEE Signal Processing Society Member
- Regular Reviewer for IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, IEEE Signal Processing Letters, IEEE Access
- Regular Reviewer for Signal Processing (Elsevier), Digital Signal Processing (Elsevier)
- Regular Reviewer for IET Signal Processing, IET Radar, Sonar & Navigation, IET Communications
- Regular Reviewer for Multidimensional Systems and Signal Processing (Springer)
- H. Huang, B. Liao, X. Guo, and J. Huang, "DOA estimation of rectilinear signals with a partly calibrated uniform linear array," Signal Processing (Elsevier), vol. 147, pp. 203-207, June 2018. (DOI: 10.1016/j.sigpro.2018.01.024)
- H. Huang, B. Liao, X. Wang, X. Guo, and J. Huang, "A new nested array configuration with increased degrees of freedom," IEEE Access, vol. 6, pp. 1490-1497, December 2017. (DOI: 10.1109/ACCESS.2017.2779171)
- H. Huang, A.M. Zoubir, and H.C. So, "A compressive sensing approach for single-snapshot adaptive beamforming," submitted to Proceedings of the 11th IEEE Sensor Array and Multichannel Signal Processing Workshop (SAM 2020), June 2020, Hangzhou, China.
- H. Huang, H.C. So, and A.M. Zoubir, "Extended cyclic coordinate descent for robust row-sparse signal reconstruction in the presence of outliers," submitted to Proceedings of the 45th International Conference on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing (ICASSP 2020), May 2020, Barcelona, Spain.
- H. Huang, M. Fauß, and A.M. Zoubir, "Block sparsity-based DOA estimation with sensor gain and phase uncertainties," Proceedings of the 27th European Signal Processing Conference (EUSIPCO 2019), pp. 1-5, September 2019, A Coruña, Spain. (DOI: 10.23919/EUSIPCO.2019.8903140)
- H. Huang, Y. Miao, Y. Gong, and B. Liao, "Toeplitz matrix completion for direction finding using a modified nested linear array," Proceedings of the 44th International Conference on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing (ICASSP 2019), pp. 4474-4478, May 2019, Brighton, UK. (DOI: 10.1109/ICASSP.2019.8682693)
- H. Huang, B. Liao, and Q. Shen, "DOA estimation of quasi-stationary signals with a nested array in unknown noise field," Proceedings of the 10th IEEE Sensor Array and Multichannel Signal Processing Workshop (SAM 2018), pp. 41-45, July 2018, Sheffield, UK. (DOI: 10.1109/SAM.2018.8448432) (Received Student Travel Grant)
- H. Huang, B. Liao, C. Guo, and J. Huang, "Sparse representation based DOA estimation using a modified nested linear array," Proceedings of IEEE Radar Conference (RadarConf 2018), pp. 919-922, April 2018, Oklahoma City, USA. (DOI: 10.1109/RADAR.2018.8378683)
- H. Huang, B. Liao, C. Guo, and L. Huang, "An improved approach to robust Capon beamforming with enhanced performance," Proceedings of CIE International Conference on Radar (CIE Radar 2016), pp. 1-5, October 2016, Guangzhou, China. (DOI: 10.1109/RADAR.2016.8059236)
- Winter Term 2019/2020, Teaching Assistant for "18-zo-2040-se: Advanced Topics in Statistical Signal Processing" at TU Darmstadt
- Summer Term 2019, Teaching Assistant for ''18-zo-2050-se: Signal Detection and Parameter Estimation'' at TU Darmstadt